Guidelines for Engagement
Thank you for being part of the Global Anabaptist Health Network. To ensure the best possible experience for all group members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation. By joining this group, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for this online community. The purpose of this group is to:
- Connect Anabaptist health organizations and individual professionals whose primary mission is creating and enhancing the spiritual, emotional, physical, mental and social wellbeing of individuals, families, and communities.
• Share personal and organizational stories about delivering healthcare.
• Share applied health research articles.
• Create opportunities for inter-organizational and individual collaboration.
• Give and receive advice and counsel.
• Share innovations, successes, and challenges in delivering healthcare.
• Educate the global Anabaptist community of emerging local and global health crises.
• Increase GAHN membership and keep members up to date on the progress of GAHN development.
The only way that we can meet these goals and honor God in our discussions is to be respectful of the following protocols.
- Appropriate Language: All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, disrespectful or illegal comments are strictly prohibited.
- Appropriate Content: Do not post graphic or disturbing photos, videos and other media in this group. If you are not sure about the content that you want to post, email the group admin at email@example.com.
- Respect:While it is normal in human discourse to disagree with and challenge the beliefs and opinions of others, it is also possible to do so in a constructive, polite way. Posting comments is meant to stimulate conversation, not to attack people or their backgrounds and experiences and the opinions influenced by those. Be open to new ideas and treat people with the same respect that you would like to be treated with
- No Solicitation: Soliciting members and advertising your business is not permitted. Contact people directly with organizational information if you believe it would help them. Employment opportunities at your organization may be shared on the GAHN LinkedIn page or website.
- Confidentiality: Do not disclose proprietary, confidential, or legally privileged information from your organization or business, including, but not limited to, organizational decisions, specific business transactions, salaries, fees, etc.
- No Plagiarism: When sharing articles or other documents, please include a link to the article or designate the source and give credit to the author.
- No Trolls or Spammers: If a single individual starts a discussion that all other members disagree with, it may, at the discretion of the group admin, be considered trolling. Additionally, posting more than three times a day will be considered spam. Spammers and trolls will be dismissed from the group.
- Relevancy: Posts and comment should meet at least one of the group’s goals.
- Responses: If someone mentions you by name in a post please respond directly to that person on the same post.
- Consequences: Any posts or comments that do not meet these guidelines will be deleted by the admins. It is considered impolite to repost or draw attention to the fact that a group admin has deleted your comment. If a member does not abide by these guidelines, that member will receive a warning. If it happens a second time, you will be dismissed from the group.
Remember: Think before you post! This is the internet – what goes up can never really come down. Respect others, yourselves, and, most importantly, God.