GAHN strives to be a global community of Anabaptist health organizations and professionals who strengthen the witness of the Anabaptist community of faith through mutual encouragement, peer learning, collaboration, and partnerships.
GAHN envisions the following benefits for networking with us:
- Learn from other connected health organizations about health innovations and best practices.
- Participate in health partnerships and joint ventures with other organizations.
- Secure advice from other participants to address real global health issues and opportunities in organizational and professional life.
- Strengthen the collective voice and influence of the Anabaptist community in larger Christian, interfaith, and secular health and development circles.
Meaning and Significance of the Logo
- The dove is the Mennonite symbol used by many Mennonite organizations to symbolize Jesus’ life, baptism and ministry; the Holy Spirit; the biblical themes of creation, peace and hope. The use of the dove in the GAHN logo gives immediate visual connection the Mennonite / Anabaptist roots of GAHN;
- The olive branch in the dove’s mouth speak of hope and peace – the hope that was experienced by Noah when the dove brought the olive branch to the Ark at the end of the Great Flood; the peace that is our intention as we move forward in our ministry and work;
- The three leaves symbolize the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit- the gospel entrusted to us;
- The dove is in flight, showing that we are also taking the initiative to bring peace, healing, care and the Good News of the gospel to others;
- The globe represents the worldwide scope of the GAHN organization;
- The globe carried on the back of the dove represents the caring and nurturing work of healthcare – how we carry others in their time of need;
- Multiple colors on the complete logo represents the multi-cultural and global nature of the organization
- Multi-colored pieces in the wings represent the many individuals who bring their gifting of skill and expertise together to form this network of healthcare professionals
- Multi-colors on the globe represent the organizations who come together from around the world to form this network of healthcare organizations