Call for Workshop Proposals
Greetings from the Global Anabaptist Health Network (GAHN) and peace to you. We are eagerly preparing for the 17th Mennonite World Conference Assembly in Indonesia 5-10 July 2022 and our Virtual Health Summit held in Spring 2022. The MWC Assembly will be a hybrid event, meaning that we will meet in Indonesia, but participants can also join online while our Health Summit will be fully virtual over Zoom.
The Health Summit will span over March, April and May 2022, meeting once a month over Zoom. Similar to in-person gatherings, we will have presentations, gatherings, sharing, and networking time. Simultaneous translations to French and Spanish will also be provided. Exact dates are being finalized and will be shared shortly. We encourage you and as many members of your organization to participate at the Assembly and also at the Health Summit, whether it is in person when possible or joining us virtually through Zoom. Our theme for the Health Summit is Global Connections and Nurturing Adaptability.
Proposals for 2022 Mennonite World Conference (MWC) Assembly is now closed but GAHN is still accepting proposals for presentations for our Health Summit. The goal of the summit and the workshops is to allow people with similar interests working in the health field to gather, learn together and build personal and organizational resilience.
All workshops and presentations should reflect attention to either the power of faith connections or adaptability, especially in times of pandemic. Topics such as the following are welcome:
- Health promotion and education concerning use of antibiotics, vaccinations, sanitation, personal protective equipment
- Administration and good governance such as leadership, accountability structures, financial systems, workforce care and empowerment, global online networking
- Program development addressing grief, pain, or loss, peace and reconciliation in healthcare contexts, trauma and healing
- Strategic adaptation in areas such as risk management, responsiveness to crises and pandemics, new service delivery to isolated clients and marginalized communities
- Services that support and nurture personal well-being and spiritual care of mind, body and spirit
The Assembly workshops will be posted on MWC’s website soon and we encourage you to look into GAHN’s workshops and field trips planned. All workshops are scheduled for July 6-9, Wednesday to Saturday afternoons between 13:30-15:00 and 15:30-17:00. The MWC workshop planning committee will assign workshop times and locations, details still to be decided.
If you are accepted, we will be contacting you in the fall of 2021. By May 2022, we will expect from you a PowerPoint presentation and a handout with English translation. If needed, our committee will assist you in preparation.
Thanks for considering a contribution to the worldwide Anabaptist health community. Please address your proposal to GAHN and send it to: globalanabaptisthealthnetwork(at)gmail.com